09/11/2009

Online meetings with Dimdim

So having heard about Dimdim a dozen or so times over at Hak5 I finally found an opportunity to try it out and I must say that overall I am impressed with it. I’ve not had the opportunity to fully put it through its paces (I’d like to see how well it works with multiple meeting attendees) but for a one-on-one meeting it seemed to work very well. It’s integration with peripherals (e.g. webcams) works very well (This is one area I’d like to see working with multiple attendees)

At the moment I am on a “paid “ trial, I’m unsure what features I will use when my subscription rolls over to “free” but I think it is certainly a good alternative to something like GoToMeeting (which we use a lot of)

4 comments:

  1. Hi MRGRIM!
    Would you be interested in checking out Mikogo? It's a free desktop sharing app which allows you to share your screen live over the Web with up to 10 others. Many features are included, such as file transfer, remote keyboard/mouse control and more. Drop by http://www.mikogo.com for more info or check out this comparative review: bit.ly/gEECY

    Thanks!

    Hsiang-Yi Cheng
    The Mikogo Team
    Twitter: @Mikogo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hsiang-Yi Cheng,

    I will definitely take a look at Mikogo. The only thing that deters me slightly (without actually looking fully at your product) is having to have something run in my system tray, this is one of the things that turns me off using GoToMeeting (apart from the cost). Next time I need a meeting service I’ll try and use Mikogo and post my feedback on my blog.

    Regards

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, you should probably check out RHUB Web Conferencing (http://rhubcom.com/v4/web_conferencing/home.html). I think they might be what you're looking for. Our company uses RHUB almost daily and really like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Miss Fox,

    I'll take a look at the product you suggested, however having quickly looked at the provided webpage I noticed that it is not free. The company I work for at the moment uses "GoToMeeting" which imo isn't cheap. DimDim offers an unlimited free service.

    I'd like to know how you came across my blog? I always find it interesting when people post here.

    Regards

    Dave

    ReplyDelete