21/12/2009

TTFE-L Review

Another fantastic result for TTFE this Sunday, beating promotion chasing Real Buffalo 5-4. The performance in my opinion wasn’t as good as other weeks and it was a game that we looked determined to throw away, the final whistle couldn’t have come any sooner. Had the other team turned up on time perhaps the outcome would have been different the problem with that statement is we’ll never know and at 4-0 up before they had their full 5 players we sat back and allowed them time to play football.

I can see why some people get disgruntled playing for TTFE as everyone has slightly different goals and playing mentality, for me a 1-0 win is equally as good and satisfying as 7-1 result. When sitting on a 4 goal lead I don’t see the need to force anything take what is presented to you and kill the game. Real Buffalo are a good side but we dealt with them very well, only 1 player caused us any real problems and a lot of the time I think we were able to double up on him, they seemed a different team to when I played them last, whether I had adapted to Gol and a much more physical style of play I don’t know but Real Buffalo looked very light weight and were pushed off the ball very easily.

Those 6 points have really turned our season around, truth be told it’s 6 points I personally didn’t expect us to get but we cannot let up now, while I cannot see us beating top of the league I’d like to stay positive, last time around we had a very weakened team with no substitutes, we must not lose to the bottom 2 sides and hopefully we can take some points of the new team ‘NOMADS’.

No comments:

Post a Comment