18/01/2012

2011 Year Review

So I’ve now been blogging for just over 3 years (that’s if you discount the 4 months or so that I didn’t blog in last year and if you call what I do blogging and not what it actually is [randomly posting stuff I find useful])
Hooray me!
I have found 2011 to be a tough year and now I think back on it January 2011 seems like a very long time ago. To think around this time last year I helped form Tuesday night football in the form of SevenF (that’s to say I am one of the original 10 who started playing in the current format [5v5 friendly]), I went to China on business and saw what Shanghai has to offer, I visited Baltimore and witnessed my first ever live NFL game! I visited New York City (and loved every moment of it)
While away Maddy sadly had an accident, no one truly knows what happened to her, but she has made a real mess of herself, 2 bouts of surgery later and she seems to getting better. For those interested she’s had femoral head ostectomy, which really is incredible when you read up about it.
Work seems to be weighting in on me recently, XenServer 6.0 upgrade doesn’t seem to have gone all that smoothly and we’re not witnessing some fallout on multiple sites it’s also caused some stability problems with our Exchange environment which has prompted me to investigate moving to a hosted environment, if I can get approval for that then I think I’ll breathe a big sigh of relief when it’s completed.
I also made a difficult decision in December and I have now called it a day on TTFE, having not been happy with the quality of football on offer for at least 12 months (possibly 18?) I have moved on with a few others to form something new, ultimately it’s a better playing surface and so far I’ve found that I’m getting home 30 minutes earlier.  
I have also decided that 2012 will be the year that I change cars, originally I was looking at a Saab 93 TTiD Aero, however with Saab GM filing for insolvency I think we can rule that out (I am more than a little bit gutted, seen as I’ve pined for a Saab for about 3 years now) I am currently looking at a Toyota Avensis Tourer T-Spirit, which seems to come highly spec’d but it does carry a premium price tag, I’m also looking at a Mazda 6 Sport (Hatchback or Estate). We shall see!

No comments:

Post a Comment